We are seeking colleagues with extensive training and experience in statistical and population genetics to join our highly productive, world-class Ancestry Research & Development team. Our team develops novel algorithms to interpret the ancestry data of individual 23andMe customers and works to publish novel findings regarding human genetics and population history. We are seeking team members who are excited to develop cutting edge features that will reach millions of people.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Research Team
23andMe's Research Team prides itself on driving cutting edge, industrial-scale science that makes an impact that belies the team's size, in an environment and culture that fosters creativity, innovation, collaboration and fun. Our science has garnered the respect of many members of the broader scientific community. As 23andMe continues to grow, we are looking for people who are excited by the potential discoveries we can make with our innovative research framework.
See our recent publications here: https://www.23andMe.com/for/scientists/
Who you are
Successful candidates will work within and across teams to support our research efforts. The job requires strong computational skills, a deep understanding of human genetics, and excellent writing abilities. Candidates for senior positions should also have multiple years of experience leadership and of executing independently developed ideas.
What you'll do
* Develop methods and perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape 23andMe's consumer product
* Initiate long-term R&D projects that bring research advances into 23andMe's consumer product
* Work collaboratively with members of the 23andMe Research, Engineering, and Product teams
* Provide scientific support to a variety of teams across the company in a way that makes scientific knowledge accessible to a wide audience
* For senior scientists: supervise, develop, and mentor junior scientists. Manage teams to execute complex projects.
What you'll bring
* Ph.D. in Population Genetics, Statistical Genetics or a related field (e.g., Genetics, Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics)
* Evolutionary or population genetics research experience; focus on human population genetics is a plus.
* Experience in algorithm development or machine learning approaches
* Hands-on experience working with very large data sets in Python or R; experience with C/C++ is a plus.
* At ease in a Linux environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Is a Lack of Teacher Diversity Related to Higher Suspensions Unexcused
A new paper from researchers Stephen B. Holt and Seth Gershenson titled The Impact of Teacher Demogr. Read More
Bombay HC allows mentally challenged kids to study till 18 years under
MUMBAI: The Bombay High Court on Thursday said that mentally challenged students at shelter homes in. Read More
Expressjodi.com - Your Wedding Handbook
Get Organised Plan your leave from work Apply for leave work as much in advance as possible. C. Read More
Keys to overcoming the fear of public speaking
Most people are resolved to the fact that they are never going to speak in front of a crowd, howev. Read More
Haryana Budget Focus primarily on rural sector jobs & education
The Haryana budget for the financial year 2016-17, presented on Monday by the state finance minister. Read More
"The Anindita" Himalayan Resort & Spa site is rich in flora & fauna and home to nearly extinct birds & animals. The site gives you an opportunity to enjoy mountain fruits suc
The Acmas Technocracy aseptic compounding isolators provide unobstructed access to the work area by eliminating the risks associated with compounding contamination. Weiber compounding asep
Admission Open-2012 one yr Program in Nursery Teacher Training one yr Program in Primary Teacher training one yr B.Ed(Admission guidance) 100% placement assistance one month training in sch
(unixf173al) Why Join Jeevansathi.com? Add Free Matrimonial Profile "Jeevansathi.com ! Find suitable Indian brides and grooms. Ready for Marriage? Search the partner of your life,Millions of
Step 2 well fitness club. All types of exercises like dance, Aerobics, Stretching, Floor exercise, Weightloss, Bodyfitness Die