5 Things You Can Do Online to Make Yourself More Hirable
1) Clean up your posts and comments: Consider taking down any socially inappropriate posts or comments you wouldn’t want your potential employer to see – but remember that once something is on the internet, deleting it doesn’t mean that someone can’t find it. In addition to cleaning up your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, "Google" yourself to see what information is out there about you. While you can’t remove information about yourself on sites like Wikipedia, you CAN add information. In short, make sure potentially embarrassing information is not the only information about you available online.
2) Invest time in social media upgrades: Note that this is an investment of your time. Although certain sites like LinkedinLinkedIn offer additional services at a cost, simply spending some time updating information and learning about new features can demonstrate to employers that you are on top of the most recent trends. For example try joining Google+ to manage your contacts or utilize Pulse on LinkedIn.
3) Change your email: Your email is essentially your name, or at least it should be if you want to be taken seriously by employers. Professional emails traditionally include some variation of your name so that others can quickly find your email by typing in just the first few letters of your name in the contacts box. For example, it’s easier for others to remember that Joe Smith’s email starts with “J” than it is to remember that Joe is also a Bawlla4lyfe@email.com. It’s also good practice to have an email address that speaks more to your professional side than your recreational side.
4) Become a social media expert: Just as socially inappropriate information can prevent you from landing a job, not having any social media presence can also lead to your being overlooked. For employers, how you present yourself online is a reflection of how you will represent their company and how you keep up with the times and technology. Show off your social media expertise by starting a blog, creating a virtual resume, or developing an extensive list of connections.
5) Network outside the box: Utilize your email signature as a way of promoting your skills. The use of popular quotes has become a commonplace signature line for emails. But rather than informing an employer that they should dance like no one is watching, set yourself apart from others by listing the top 3 skills you bring to the workplace or by providing a link to your LinkedIn profile. Lastly, don’t be afraid to get offline – The most effective way to network is in person. Try volunteering in your community as a way to meet people you normally wouldn’t come across in your daily life.
THE BEST TIPS TO CRACK YOUR EXAMS
Tip #1 The first step for every student should be to get a thorough knowledge of the latest syllabu. Read More
IELTS Institute in Chandigarh
If you want to learn how to speak English fluently then you can join our best IELTS institute in . Read More
7 financial planning tips for couples with kids
Financial planning is one of the most important aspects of life for every individual. This assumes g. Read More
HTML TAGGING CONVERSION AND QC REPORT AVAILABLE
(unixf115e) We have a user-friendly CONVERSION + QC software for best accuracy and results. It. Read More
online admission to First Year Junior College in Mumbai
The first general merit list for online admission to First Year Junior College (FYJC) in Mumbai is o. Read More
Every service provider company must have an Android application to provide their services and reach most of the customers. Android applications are the best source to reach the most of the customers b
Cheap Windows Web Hosting Services, Our Web Hosting Plans includes Linux Web Hosting, Windows Web Hosting, MSSQL Web Hosting, ASP.NET Web Hosting, MySQL Web Hosting ... WHM - cPanel Reseller hosting
Shree Vianayk Chemicals Expertise in Export Quality Industrial And Laboratory Chemicals. We supply chemicals in bulk and retail of high&nbs
INDOSS Polytechnia for women is the premier teacher training institute offering, nursery/primary teacher training, nursery teacher training, b.ed (admission assistance), for aspiring teach
Weiber Air Capture Hood is a multipurpose electronic air balancing instrument for reading air volume flow at diffusers, and grilles. It is ideally suited for commissioning agents, facilities ma