5 Things You Can Do Online to Make Yourself More Hirable
1) Clean up your posts and comments: Consider taking down any socially inappropriate posts or comments you wouldn’t want your potential employer to see – but remember that once something is on the internet, deleting it doesn’t mean that someone can’t find it. In addition to cleaning up your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, "Google" yourself to see what information is out there about you. While you can’t remove information about yourself on sites like Wikipedia, you CAN add information. In short, make sure potentially embarrassing information is not the only information about you available online.
2) Invest time in social media upgrades: Note that this is an investment of your time. Although certain sites like LinkedinLinkedIn offer additional services at a cost, simply spending some time updating information and learning about new features can demonstrate to employers that you are on top of the most recent trends. For example try joining Google+ to manage your contacts or utilize Pulse on LinkedIn.
3) Change your email: Your email is essentially your name, or at least it should be if you want to be taken seriously by employers. Professional emails traditionally include some variation of your name so that others can quickly find your email by typing in just the first few letters of your name in the contacts box. For example, it’s easier for others to remember that Joe Smith’s email starts with “J” than it is to remember that Joe is also a Bawlla4lyfe@email.com. It’s also good practice to have an email address that speaks more to your professional side than your recreational side.
4) Become a social media expert: Just as socially inappropriate information can prevent you from landing a job, not having any social media presence can also lead to your being overlooked. For employers, how you present yourself online is a reflection of how you will represent their company and how you keep up with the times and technology. Show off your social media expertise by starting a blog, creating a virtual resume, or developing an extensive list of connections.
5) Network outside the box: Utilize your email signature as a way of promoting your skills. The use of popular quotes has become a commonplace signature line for emails. But rather than informing an employer that they should dance like no one is watching, set yourself apart from others by listing the top 3 skills you bring to the workplace or by providing a link to your LinkedIn profile. Lastly, don’t be afraid to get offline – The most effective way to network is in person. Try volunteering in your community as a way to meet people you normally wouldn’t come across in your daily life.
Super regional mall to open in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi already has a few grand malls but the one currently in construction in Yas lsland wi. Read More
Standardised testing is overwhelming US public schools
The number of standardised tests US public school students take has exploded in the past decade, . Read More
Online Hiring Platform Bevy Grabs Fresh Funding From Varun Agarwal And
Bevy, an online hiring platform which helps job seekers secure interviews with recruiters via its Sm. Read More
SIR HUMPHRY DAVY
Early Life Davy was born on December 17, 1778 in Penzance, Cornwall, England. He received his educa. Read More
Great Filmmakers Use Every Day 20 Mantras
The characteristics that make a great filmmaker have sparked discussions at every single festival ev. Read More
Spending multiple pennies for different platform apps will not be a perfect solution. Nowadays, agility of software development converts typical mobile app development into a common solution for m
TheTradeBoss.com is a Product Search Engine and a Shopping Portal offering free shopping resources for you, the consumer. Our aim is to offer you a unique shopping experience and help you make smart
Weiber modular Clean Room Tent is the most economical approach and design for cleanroom needs. This design is commonly used in the microelectronics and medical mold injection industry as well a
We have an urgent requirement of Counselor + Tele Counselor for a reputed Educational Institute. Female candidate with pleasing personality with excellent communication skills expected. Cand
Start your own Single Sim Multi Recharge Business within your budget. 1-GET WEBSITE FOR ONLINE RECHARGE 2-OFFLINE RECHARGE SYSTEM WITH ANY SINGLE SIM CARD 3-UPTO 3.5% COMISSION 4-INSTANT REC