5 Things You Can Do Online to Make Yourself More Hirable
1) Clean up your posts and comments: Consider taking down any socially inappropriate posts or comments you wouldn’t want your potential employer to see – but remember that once something is on the internet, deleting it doesn’t mean that someone can’t find it. In addition to cleaning up your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, "Google" yourself to see what information is out there about you. While you can’t remove information about yourself on sites like Wikipedia, you CAN add information. In short, make sure potentially embarrassing information is not the only information about you available online.
2) Invest time in social media upgrades: Note that this is an investment of your time. Although certain sites like LinkedinLinkedIn offer additional services at a cost, simply spending some time updating information and learning about new features can demonstrate to employers that you are on top of the most recent trends. For example try joining Google+ to manage your contacts or utilize Pulse on LinkedIn.
3) Change your email: Your email is essentially your name, or at least it should be if you want to be taken seriously by employers. Professional emails traditionally include some variation of your name so that others can quickly find your email by typing in just the first few letters of your name in the contacts box. For example, it’s easier for others to remember that Joe Smith’s email starts with “J” than it is to remember that Joe is also a Bawlla4lyfe@email.com. It’s also good practice to have an email address that speaks more to your professional side than your recreational side.
4) Become a social media expert: Just as socially inappropriate information can prevent you from landing a job, not having any social media presence can also lead to your being overlooked. For employers, how you present yourself online is a reflection of how you will represent their company and how you keep up with the times and technology. Show off your social media expertise by starting a blog, creating a virtual resume, or developing an extensive list of connections.
5) Network outside the box: Utilize your email signature as a way of promoting your skills. The use of popular quotes has become a commonplace signature line for emails. But rather than informing an employer that they should dance like no one is watching, set yourself apart from others by listing the top 3 skills you bring to the workplace or by providing a link to your LinkedIn profile. Lastly, don’t be afraid to get offline – The most effective way to network is in person. Try volunteering in your community as a way to meet people you normally wouldn’t come across in your daily life.
How Amazon Web Services has Redefined the World of Cloud Computing
In the present world of web services, it is difficult to ignore the role of AWS or Amazon Web Se. Read More
Wani Urges Government To Take Cue From Allahabad HC Order Teachers Bod
On August 25, a teachers body asked that the Jammu and Kashmir government to improve the quality of . Read More
Encourage students to think critically
NEW DELHI: On the eve of Teachers'' Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said India shoul. Read More
Heres why 2016 will be mixed bag year for your finances
The New Year brings with it renewed hopes but this optimism is guarded in 2016. The good news is 201. Read More
5 Outsourcing Mistakes That You Should Avoid Making
Offshore outsourcing is an extremely profitable business venture. However, all it takes is a slight . Read More
Job Description • Counseling students by giving career guidance for the courses over phone. • Converting telephonic, SMS & Internet enquiries into walk-in enquiries. • Hav
SINGLE & BULK TYPING PROJECTS AVAILABLE, CONTACT: 9244445444 Gleam technologies ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED COMPANY (Government Register Company) # 221, Thellai Nagar, Gandhi Nagar Post, (near) Neyv
Shantigram Township is one of the popular Residential Developments in S.G. Road neighborhood of Ahmedabad. It is among the well known Projects of its class. The landscape is beautiful with spacio
Like to receive Free Traffic to your website ? Join now It is a Website Traffic Exchange. Pay to advertise your websites, promotion pages, affiliate links, auctions, classified pages, etc. here and
INDOSS Polytechnia for women is the premier teacher training institute offering, nursery/primary teacher training, nursery teacher training, b.ed (admission assistance), for aspiring teach