5 Things You Can Do Online to Make Yourself More Hirable
1) Clean up your posts and comments: Consider taking down any socially inappropriate posts or comments you wouldn’t want your potential employer to see – but remember that once something is on the internet, deleting it doesn’t mean that someone can’t find it. In addition to cleaning up your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, "Google" yourself to see what information is out there about you. While you can’t remove information about yourself on sites like Wikipedia, you CAN add information. In short, make sure potentially embarrassing information is not the only information about you available online.
2) Invest time in social media upgrades: Note that this is an investment of your time. Although certain sites like LinkedinLinkedIn offer additional services at a cost, simply spending some time updating information and learning about new features can demonstrate to employers that you are on top of the most recent trends. For example try joining Google+ to manage your contacts or utilize Pulse on LinkedIn.
3) Change your email: Your email is essentially your name, or at least it should be if you want to be taken seriously by employers. Professional emails traditionally include some variation of your name so that others can quickly find your email by typing in just the first few letters of your name in the contacts box. For example, it’s easier for others to remember that Joe Smith’s email starts with “J” than it is to remember that Joe is also a Bawlla4lyfe@email.com. It’s also good practice to have an email address that speaks more to your professional side than your recreational side.
4) Become a social media expert: Just as socially inappropriate information can prevent you from landing a job, not having any social media presence can also lead to your being overlooked. For employers, how you present yourself online is a reflection of how you will represent their company and how you keep up with the times and technology. Show off your social media expertise by starting a blog, creating a virtual resume, or developing an extensive list of connections.
5) Network outside the box: Utilize your email signature as a way of promoting your skills. The use of popular quotes has become a commonplace signature line for emails. But rather than informing an employer that they should dance like no one is watching, set yourself apart from others by listing the top 3 skills you bring to the workplace or by providing a link to your LinkedIn profile. Lastly, don’t be afraid to get offline – The most effective way to network is in person. Try volunteering in your community as a way to meet people you normally wouldn’t come across in your daily life.
Pure ssd solutions for cleaning black money instantly
SSD SOLUTION for cleaning black money, clean any stain on notes which can be instantly clean by s. Read More
Delhi government hires 6,000 teachers to fill shortage in schools
NEW DELHI: To overcome the problem of shortage of teachers in the government schools in the national. Read More
Career and Courses in Engineering
According to an American scientist "A Scientist dreams to make this world better and an Engineer mak. Read More
How to write a Personal Statement for a Nursing Course Application
Writing your personal statement will take time, effort and several revisions before you can submit i. Read More
Madrasa row Was abused by ustad, says Kerala filmmaker Ali Akbar
Challenging the claim of Sunni Muslim leader Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musliyar that Kerala madrasas we. Read More
<a href="http://nanacast.com/vp/95713/64497/" target="_blank"><img border=0 src="http://www.wealthvault.net/aff-images/banner560.jpg">http://nanacast.com/vp/9
NO ENTRANCE TEST DIRECT ADMISSION Admissions Open for B.Ed 2014-15 Eligibility: For getting admissions in B.Ed courses the candidates need to have a 3 years Bachelors degree. The minimum m
· RF Antenna · GSM Magnetic Antenna · GSM Rubber Duck
Weiber manufactures a high efficiency & high capacity ceiling mounted dehumidifier build for the heavy loads and harsh environments of indoor swimming pools, it can be built-in the in
The personnel air showers from Weiber are specially designed antechambers that clean off dust particles, viable and non viable organic particles and other particulate matters from the clothes a