Graduate Degree or Certificate: Which is Right for YOU?
If you are thinking about pursuing a graduate degree, also known as a master’s degree, you may first want to consider a graduate certificate.
Not familiar with the difference between the two? Here are the basics of both programs:
• Generally consists of a two-year, full-time program for those holding a bachelor’s degree, with part-time options often available. Admission requirements may include specific undergraduate GPA, entrance exam, letters of recommendation, and relevant work experience.
• Students will earn a Master of Arts (M.A.) or a Master of Science (M.S.) degree or a more specialized degree like a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.).
• Some careers, such as Law (J.D.) and Medicine (M.D.) require a graduate degree for employment.
• Usually a short program of study consisting of three to seven graduate-level courses in a specialized area completed in one year or less. A bachelor’s degree is typically required, however, some programs may waive this requirement with relevant work experience. Often, courses may be later applied to a graduate degree program.
• Students will earn a graduate certificate or diploma in a specific career field.
• Certificate may enhance skills to help find a job, advance or change careers, or fulfill state and national licensing requirements.
Now that you know the difference between a graduate degree and a graduate certificate, here are some factors to consider as you make your decision:
• Do you have the time to commit to a graduate program of 2+ years or does the shorter graduate certificate timeline fit better with your life at this point?
• Have you taken into account your current work and home responsibilities?
• Did you do some research on your career and field of study?
• Does your career field require that you have a graduate degree or will it help you compete in a competitive job market?
• Are you thinking about a new career but not ready to fully commit to a graduate degree program?
• Will getting a graduate certificate make you more employable or help you advance or change your career?
• Will a graduate degree translate into a higher salary and is it worth the financial investment at this point – can you afford it?
• Is the graduate certificate a better financial option for you right now, as it could help advance your career at a much lower cost?
When considering a graduate degree versus a graduate certificate, keep in mind the difference between the two and take into account the important key factors listed above, and you’ll be able to arrive at the right decision for you.
Online Hiring Platform Recruitee.com Raises Seed Round Of Funding
Recruitee.com, a hiring platform for startups and SMEs, has raised an undisclosed amount in its seed. Read More
Should Boys and Girls Attend Separate Schools?
Education is one thing one should have because this will serves as a tool to fight ignorance. So it . Read More
Confidence is the Key to Success
Some people are born with it, some have to work for it, and others do not know how to obtain it. It . Read More
45 Professional Tips To Cut Big Gasoline Bills
1. Before getting into your car, ask yourself "Is this trip necessary?"! 2. On short tr. Read More
Benefits of online college courses
Why are more and more students turning to online courses? What makes online courses attractive? L. Read More
30ED The most desired Farm Land property in Vadodara at affordable price. The Baroda is specially established to satisfy the needs of the Investors who are interested in property, Land In Baroda. This
We specializes in ssd chemical solution and activation powder for cleaning black Dollars, euros, pounds and any other currency from any security color to it''s original state. OUR SERVICES: Anti-f
ARB Bearings Limited are proud to be one of the leading Ball bearing brand of India. ARB Bearings have achieved a new high by creating new ground of targets and quality.We are India\'s promine
Dentistryinoakville.ca is one the Dentistry who can solve your problem regarding Teeth for more details contact at: +91 9052574910. Dr. Helen Chrissanthakopoulos keeps your teeth From Gums. Healthy
From: email@example.com Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:08 PM Subject: Job opportunity for Web Developers Hello Dear , This is Trapti from International Business Solutions Ltd. Gurgaon. We ha