Graduate Degree or Certificate: Which is Right for YOU?
If you are thinking about pursuing a graduate degree, also known as a master’s degree, you may first want to consider a graduate certificate.
Not familiar with the difference between the two? Here are the basics of both programs:
• Generally consists of a two-year, full-time program for those holding a bachelor’s degree, with part-time options often available. Admission requirements may include specific undergraduate GPA, entrance exam, letters of recommendation, and relevant work experience.
• Students will earn a Master of Arts (M.A.) or a Master of Science (M.S.) degree or a more specialized degree like a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.).
• Some careers, such as Law (J.D.) and Medicine (M.D.) require a graduate degree for employment.
• Usually a short program of study consisting of three to seven graduate-level courses in a specialized area completed in one year or less. A bachelor’s degree is typically required, however, some programs may waive this requirement with relevant work experience. Often, courses may be later applied to a graduate degree program.
• Students will earn a graduate certificate or diploma in a specific career field.
• Certificate may enhance skills to help find a job, advance or change careers, or fulfill state and national licensing requirements.
Now that you know the difference between a graduate degree and a graduate certificate, here are some factors to consider as you make your decision:
• Do you have the time to commit to a graduate program of 2+ years or does the shorter graduate certificate timeline fit better with your life at this point?
• Have you taken into account your current work and home responsibilities?
• Did you do some research on your career and field of study?
• Does your career field require that you have a graduate degree or will it help you compete in a competitive job market?
• Are you thinking about a new career but not ready to fully commit to a graduate degree program?
• Will getting a graduate certificate make you more employable or help you advance or change your career?
replica watches Patek Philippe replica Financial
• Will a graduate degree translate into a higher salary and is it worth the financial investment at this point – can you afford it?
• Is the graduate certificate a better financial option for you right now, as it could help advance your career at a much lower cost?
When considering a graduate degree versus a graduate certificate, keep in mind the difference between the two and take into account the important key factors listed above, and you’ll be able to arrive at the right decision for you.
VRJ-6TY Linear Filling Machine
Widely used for filling various kinds of liquid products in the industries of dail. Read More
Malawi University of Science and Technology to open this year
LILONGWE (Mana)- Minister of Education Science and Technology, Eunice Kazembe on Monday said the M. Read More
HRD Minister Smriti Irani-RSS meet New education policy possible candi
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Friday held deliberations with some RSS-affiliated education bodi. Read More
Jharkhand Board 12 Class Result
The Jharkhand Education Board will announce the Jharkhand Class 12th Intermediate Commerce and Scien. Read More
Aadhaar can be a boon for Indias education system
Most would agree that Aadhaar is Indias most revolutionary technological endeavour in recent history. Read More
129EY The event & promotional organizing company,we are into theme parties for all occasions.From wedding to birthday parties.From corporate to social parties we cater everything and all age group
The Acmas Technocracy aseptic compounding isolators provide unobstructed access to the work area by eliminating the risks associated with compounding contamination. Weiber compounding asep
Category: Services/Education Address: Surat, Gujarat, India Contact: 9825444909 K549CREATIVE INSTITUTE OF FASHION DESIGING plays a distinct role in bridging the young talent with
First impression created by a Website Design goes a long way in deciding the prospective customer or business alliances. We feel that a site must be look professional, good looking layout, f
Have you or a loved one experienced adverse side effects from taking a prescription drug as directed or from the use of a medical device? Our law firm offers free, no-obligation consultations for th