Job Resignation Doís and Doníts
Are you preparing to resign from your current job? Here are some general rules (do's and don'ts) about resigning from your job gracefully -- and carefully.
1) Do know how to resign from your job gracefully and professionally.
2) Don't get caught off-guard, so do prepare to resign by removing all personal items and files from your office and computer for those instances when your employer will ask you to leave as soon as you tender your resignation.
3) Do make the transition as easy and as smooth as possible. And do offer to help find and/or train your replacement. But don't make promises you can't -- or won't -- keep.
4) Don't make any statements or express any opinions that you may later regret. Remember that old adage: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
5) Do be sure and give proper notice to your current employer.
6) Don't burn any bridges. Do leave on good terms with your co-workers and supervisors.
7) Do the exit interview with your current employer, if required. But don't say anything negative about your supervisor or co-workers during the interviewer -- no matter how tempted you are.
8) Don't disappear during your last weeks on the job. Do stay a productive member of the team.
9) Do make sure you receive all your stored up compensation and benefits, including bonus checks and unused vacation time, personal days, etc.
10) Don't consider a counteroffer unless you are sure it's a better deal for you; studies show a high percentage of workers still leave the employer within a year of accepting a counteroffer, some being forced out.
11) Do make a plan to keep in touch with key coworkers, friends, and mentors. Keep your network strong.
12) Don't feel guilty about leaving. It may be hard to leave, but focus on the fact that you are leaving to accept a great career opportunity.And don't brag about that great opportunity.
13) Do your best to wrap up all your major assignments. And do leave a detailed progress report for your supervisor and/or successor.
14) Do be prepared for some employers to overreact to your resignation; some employers immediately dismiss employees who resign.
15) Do write a professional resignation letter or memo.
16) Don't feel as though you need to tell your current employer any reason for leaving your job, but do be polite in thanking the employer for the opportunity to work there.
17) Do submit your letter of resignation to your immediate supervisor, with a copy to the human resources department.
Building Vocabulary Using Analogies
This lesson is for language arts students in middle or high school. During the lesson, students buil. Read More
Education for Entrepreneurs: Yes or No?
Think back to your post-college days. You were full of inspiration, thirst, and knowledge or exhaust. Read More
New Twelve FET Colleges to be built in South Africa - Zuma
Johannesburg - Twelve new FET colleges will be built across South Africa because of increasing enrol. Read More
27 school staff fired for child sex abuse
France was shocked last year by the disclosure that a school headmaster who had been appointed despi. Read More
Caste scam is an open secret
From political leaders to activists, people from across Maharashtra expressed shock over such the tr. Read More
AV Services Pvt. Ltd. is looking for a Computer Operator Executive. The job location is Janak Puri. The candidate should be young (maximum 25 years old), good looking, presentable, have good commun
Melody wedding and party decorators. We are providing all kinds of one-stop decoration,services providing are wedding decoration,car-decoration,all type of flower arrangements,mandap decoration
69degree – LIFESTYLE n APPAREL SOLUTION. – Exporter , Wholesalers of cancelled shipments , liquidated stoc
Cheap Windows Web Hosting Services, Our Web Hosting Plans includes Linux Web Hosting, Windows Web Hosting, MSSQL Web Hosting, ASP.NET Web Hosting, MySQL Web Hosting ... WHM - cPanel Reseller hosting
The Weiber class II biological safety cabinet have a built in electronically commutated motor , or ECM which act as the brain of the cabinet and are specially designed for the production