Job Resignation Doís and Doníts
Are you preparing to resign from your current job? Here are some general rules (do's and don'ts) about resigning from your job gracefully -- and carefully.
1) Do know how to resign from your job gracefully and professionally.
2) Don't get caught off-guard, so do prepare to resign by removing all personal items and files from your office and computer for those instances when your employer will ask you to leave as soon as you tender your resignation.
3) Do make the transition as easy and as smooth as possible. And do offer to help find and/or train your replacement. But don't make promises you can't -- or won't -- keep.
4) Don't make any statements or express any opinions that you may later regret. Remember that old adage: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
5) Do be sure and give proper notice to your current employer.
6) Don't burn any bridges. Do leave on good terms with your co-workers and supervisors.
7) Do the exit interview with your current employer, if required. But don't say anything negative about your supervisor or co-workers during the interviewer -- no matter how tempted you are.
8) Don't disappear during your last weeks on the job. Do stay a productive member of the team.
9) Do make sure you receive all your stored up compensation and benefits, including bonus checks and unused vacation time, personal days, etc.
10) Don't consider a counteroffer unless you are sure it's a better deal for you; studies show a high percentage of workers still leave the employer within a year of accepting a counteroffer, some being forced out.
11) Do make a plan to keep in touch with key coworkers, friends, and mentors. Keep your network strong.
12) Don't feel guilty about leaving. It may be hard to leave, but focus on the fact that you are leaving to accept a great career opportunity.And don't brag about that great opportunity.
13) Do your best to wrap up all your major assignments. And do leave a detailed progress report for your supervisor and/or successor.
14) Do be prepared for some employers to overreact to your resignation; some employers immediately dismiss employees who resign.
15) Do write a professional resignation letter or memo.
16) Don't feel as though you need to tell your current employer any reason for leaving your job, but do be polite in thanking the employer for the opportunity to work there.
17) Do submit your letter of resignation to your immediate supervisor, with a copy to the human resources department.
Violence in The Libyan City of Benghazi
Recent violence in the Libyan city of Benghazi continued with a grenade attack on a private primary . Read More
CBSE circular on students mobile numbers stokes controversy
New Delhi, Sept 2: A circular by CBSE asking schools affiliated to it to provide mobile numbers and . Read More
AV Services Pvt. Ltd Opens New Office in Janakpuri New Delhi
branch serving the New Delhi area and NCR “We are thrilled to have a presence in Jana. Read More
Hotel Management Job Vacancies in UK
If you can manage staff, and you want to get into the hospitality industry, this job could be ideal . Read More
Best Tips to Study Effectively
Don''t plan to study non-stop for the next five days. You''ll go insane, and you''ll be too fried to. Read More
Be a Website Designer. Start your own website designing Business from your home. We offer quality training our Courses includes HTML, CSS, Jquery Slider, Contact us form with PHP and Photoshop CS leve
Proposed Specifications for ICONIC TOWER Sector 84 For better safety, structure designed for the highest seismic considerations of Zone V for high rise structures,against Zone IV
Lowest cost Hosting + Domain registration At LowHost we offer Advance Linux and Windows hosting plans at Lowest cost. All our plan comes with advance cPanel / plesk hosting panel plus lots of featu
Builder : Rosemary Hospitality (P) Ltd. Price : As Applicable A fully furnished, ready to move in independent floor with
AAMODA Kitchen Ideas services as Modular Kitchen Manufacturers, Interior Designers, forms an extension of the client''s management team for the successful implementation of the project related to modu