Job Resignation Doís and Doníts
Are you preparing to resign from your current job? Here are some general rules (do's and don'ts) about resigning from your job gracefully -- and carefully.
1) Do know how to resign from your job gracefully and professionally.
2) Don't get caught off-guard, so do prepare to resign by removing all personal items and files from your office and computer for those instances when your employer will ask you to leave as soon as you tender your resignation.
3) Do make the transition as easy and as smooth as possible. And do offer to help find and/or train your replacement. But don't make promises you can't -- or won't -- keep.
4) Don't make any statements or express any opinions that you may later regret. Remember that old adage: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
5) Do be sure and give proper notice to your current employer.
6) Don't burn any bridges. Do leave on good terms with your co-workers and supervisors.
7) Do the exit interview with your current employer, if required. But don't say anything negative about your supervisor or co-workers during the interviewer -- no matter how tempted you are.
8) Don't disappear during your last weeks on the job. Do stay a productive member of the team.
9) Do make sure you receive all your stored up compensation and benefits, including bonus checks and unused vacation time, personal days, etc.
10) Don't consider a counteroffer unless you are sure it's a better deal for you; studies show a high percentage of workers still leave the employer within a year of accepting a counteroffer, some being forced out.
11) Do make a plan to keep in touch with key coworkers, friends, and mentors. Keep your network strong.
12) Don't feel guilty about leaving. It may be hard to leave, but focus on the fact that you are leaving to accept a great career opportunity.And don't brag about that great opportunity.
13) Do your best to wrap up all your major assignments. And do leave a detailed progress report for your supervisor and/or successor.
14) Do be prepared for some employers to overreact to your resignation; some employers immediately dismiss employees who resign.
15) Do write a professional resignation letter or memo.
16) Don't feel as though you need to tell your current employer any reason for leaving your job, but do be polite in thanking the employer for the opportunity to work there.
17) Do submit your letter of resignation to your immediate supervisor, with a copy to the human resources department.
University attendance low among black S Africans
"Blacks don''t participate in universities to the same extent as whites and Indians. Th. Read More
Net World Solutions starts internet marketing services division, Webin
Net World Solutions India, which runs leading websites such as TheTradeBoss.com, TheTravelBoss.com, . Read More
Resume Mistakes to Avoid
The resume is one of the very first things a potential employer will use to decide on the best candi. Read More
How To Prepare For Common Engineering & Medical Entrance Exams
Cracking and Scoring good marks in Common Engineering examination is very important if you want t. Read More
Benefits of online college courses
Why are more and more students turning to online courses? What makes online courses attractive? L. Read More
Indoss institute provides classes for Bank Po / clerical / SSC / DSSSB - TGT / PGT / Delhi Police / UPSC / Defense / DMRC/ Railways. We do offer weekend batches for working professionals. For
ecowindows - uPVC windows and doors manufacturer. It can make all the difference between a home are highly energy efficient, quiet secure and easy. uPVC windows and double glazing can d
Are you in search of a reputable lender, tired of being rejected banks and mortgage, are you tired of looking for funding for your business, or you are financially embarrassed that you can not repay y
Our Sevices : - General Dentistry Orthodontics Crowns, Bridges & Implants Root Canals &
We specializes in ssd chemical solution and activation powder for cleaning black Dollars, euros, pounds and any other currency from any security color to it''s original state. OUR SERVICES: Anti-f