Job Resignation Doís and Doníts
Are you preparing to resign from your current job? Here are some general rules (do's and don'ts) about resigning from your job gracefully -- and carefully.
1) Do know how to resign from your job gracefully and professionally.
2) Don't get caught off-guard, so do prepare to resign by removing all personal items and files from your office and computer for those instances when your employer will ask you to leave as soon as you tender your resignation.
3) Do make the transition as easy and as smooth as possible. And do offer to help find and/or train your replacement. But don't make promises you can't -- or won't -- keep.
4) Don't make any statements or express any opinions that you may later regret. Remember that old adage: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
5) Do be sure and give proper notice to your current employer.
6) Don't burn any bridges. Do leave on good terms with your co-workers and supervisors.
7) Do the exit interview with your current employer, if required. But don't say anything negative about your supervisor or co-workers during the interviewer -- no matter how tempted you are.
8) Don't disappear during your last weeks on the job. Do stay a productive member of the team.
9) Do make sure you receive all your stored up compensation and benefits, including bonus checks and unused vacation time, personal days, etc.
10) Don't consider a counteroffer unless you are sure it's a better deal for you; studies show a high percentage of workers still leave the employer within a year of accepting a counteroffer, some being forced out.
11) Do make a plan to keep in touch with key coworkers, friends, and mentors. Keep your network strong.
12) Don't feel guilty about leaving. It may be hard to leave, but focus on the fact that you are leaving to accept a great career opportunity.And don't brag about that great opportunity.
13) Do your best to wrap up all your major assignments. And do leave a detailed progress report for your supervisor and/or successor.
14) Do be prepared for some employers to overreact to your resignation; some employers immediately dismiss employees who resign.
15) Do write a professional resignation letter or memo.
16) Don't feel as though you need to tell your current employer any reason for leaving your job, but do be polite in thanking the employer for the opportunity to work there.
17) Do submit your letter of resignation to your immediate supervisor, with a copy to the human resources department.
Melbourne universities fall behind interstate institutions in latest T
VICTORIAS most prestigious universities are losing ground to interstate competitors on the key metri. Read More
Residential Apartment for Sale in BPTP Park Prime Sector-66 Gurgaon by
Property Description Residential apartment sector 66 available for sale in bptp park pr. Read More
Learn Dassault Systemes SolidWorks for better production designs
In 2010, NASA Tech Briefs, a renowned design engineering magazine, awarded the Dassault Systemes Sol. Read More
Inside Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur: India Future Experience
Its a little bit of an effort to reach IIT Kanpur. There is no direct flight to the city, and after . Read More
Should Boys and Girls Attend Separate Schools?
Education is one thing one should have because this will serves as a tool to fight ignorance. So it . Read More
Weiber Micro Clean Room laboratory equipment is a semi-rigid, modular, softwall cleanroom. This scientific equipment is designed around the concerns found in the medical industries for microbia
The Institute provides opportunities to under- graduate & post-graduate students to choose professional and vocational courses to build their career in teaching profession. Institute is off
MF InfoTech, a Leading Website & Software Development Company, is offering Online Brand Promotion of Your Company to all Social Networking Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. Get Hug
¬∑ RF Antenna ¬∑ GSM Magnetic Antenna ¬∑ GSM Rubber Duck
Have you or a loved one experienced adverse side effects from taking a prescription drug as directed or from the use of a medical device? Our law firm offers free, no-obligation consultations for th