Job Resignation Doís and Doníts
Are you preparing to resign from your current job? Here are some general rules (do's and don'ts) about resigning from your job gracefully -- and carefully.
1) Do know how to resign from your job gracefully and professionally.
2) Don't get caught off-guard, so do prepare to resign by removing all personal items and files from your office and computer for those instances when your employer will ask you to leave as soon as you tender your resignation.
3) Do make the transition as easy and as smooth as possible. And do offer to help find and/or train your replacement. But don't make promises you can't -- or won't -- keep.
4) Don't make any statements or express any opinions that you may later regret. Remember that old adage: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
5) Do be sure and give proper notice to your current employer.
6) Don't burn any bridges. Do leave on good terms with your co-workers and supervisors.
7) Do the exit interview with your current employer, if required. But don't say anything negative about your supervisor or co-workers during the interviewer -- no matter how tempted you are.
8) Don't disappear during your last weeks on the job. Do stay a productive member of the team.
9) Do make sure you receive all your stored up compensation and benefits, including bonus checks and unused vacation time, personal days, etc.
10) Don't consider a counteroffer unless you are sure it's a better deal for you; studies show a high percentage of workers still leave the employer within a year of accepting a counteroffer, some being forced out.
11) Do make a plan to keep in touch with key coworkers, friends, and mentors. Keep your network strong.
12) Don't feel guilty about leaving. It may be hard to leave, but focus on the fact that you are leaving to accept a great career opportunity.And don't brag about that great opportunity.
13) Do your best to wrap up all your major assignments. And do leave a detailed progress report for your supervisor and/or successor.
14) Do be prepared for some employers to overreact to your resignation; some employers immediately dismiss employees who resign.
15) Do write a professional resignation letter or memo.
16) Don't feel as though you need to tell your current employer any reason for leaving your job, but do be polite in thanking the employer for the opportunity to work there.
17) Do submit your letter of resignation to your immediate supervisor, with a copy to the human resources department.
Hotel Management Job Vacancies in UK
If you can manage staff, and you want to get into the hospitality industry, this job could be ideal . Read More
Jordan school board approves agreement to stop district split
A capacity crowd arrived at the South Jordan Community Center Wednesday night prepared for two hours. Read More
How to change your career and become a Nurse
There are many people every year who decide that a career change is necessary, and lots of them cons. Read More
Nord Anglia Education Inc Receives Average Recommendation of Buy from
Nord Anglia Education Inc has earned an average rating of Buy from the eight research firms that are. Read More
Night Life and Thecityguide.in
Moving out from your heavy schedule can give you a laidback life for a while. It would be perfect if. Read More
Step 2 well fitness club. All types of exercises like dance, Aerobics, Stretching, Floor exercise, Weightloss, Bodyfitness Die
Admission Open-2012 one yr Program in Nursery Teacher Training one yr Program in Primary Teacher training one yr B.Ed(Admission guidance) 100% placement assistance one month training in sch
Weiber manufactures a high efficiency & high capacity ceiling mounted dehumidifier build for the heavy loads and harsh environments of indoor swimming pools, it can be built-in the in
Tapered roller bearings have tapered inner and outer ring raceways and tapered rollers. They are designed to accommodate combined loads, i.e. simultaneously acting radial and axial loads. The proje
While gifts certainly aren\'t the only way to show you care on Father‚Äôs Day, there\'s nothing like the sense of personal satisfaction you can gain from giving a thoughtful item to the most important