Nursing Interview Tips
Nurse recruiters who interview countless nurses suggest specific tips for success that require investing time before, during, and after the interview. The nursing interview tips are as follows:
1. Know the institution
You have to learn all about the institution. You have to find out the patient population, growth plans, and so forth. You can talk to past and present employees and professional recruiters and review annual reports.
You can find out about the person who will interview you like:
1) What kind of interviewing style does he/she use?
2)What are her key concerns?
When you got the idea then you can prepare for it.
2. Evaluate Your Strengths
Write down about your strength as well as weakness. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your work experience, educations, skills, and interests. This is the time for you to stress your strengths. Use specific examples to illustrate your point whenever possible
3. Write or review your resume
Prepare your work history and professional accomplishments. You have to ready to discuss what you have listed. This process will force you to assess what you have learned and remind you of what you have to offer.
4. Practice role-playing
Practice makes man perfect. You can practice with different friends or relatives. Also you can practice by using a video camera or cassette player and playing back the tape.
5. Make a good impression
You have only a few seconds to make a good first impression. And remember that there is no chance for making first impression.
Following are some tips for good impression:
* Don't chew gum or smoke.
* Arrive 5-10 minutes early at the interview.
* Carry a folder or portfolio containing copies of your resume and a neatly typed list of references. Don't forget to give a copy of your resume to your interviewer.
* Be careful about your posture and your handshake.
6. Dress Appropriately
You should look the part you wish to play. You look like as a nurse. Minimize jewelry, make-up and overpowering fragrances.
7. Understand the goal
All interviewers need to determine four things about a job applicant so you have to prepare for the following:
* When interviewers ask about your qualifications that means they have to check for can you do the job?
* In Attitude they check for do you really want the job?
* Adaptability means they check for can you fit into the institution's culture?
* And in Affordability, they check for can you help contain costs, improve quality, or increase customer satisfaction?
8. Answer effectively
At the interview, how you answer a question is often more important than what you say.
* Always keep your answers brief.
* If there is a group for interviewing you, be sure to look at each member, but direct most of your answers to the one asking the specific question.
* When you are given the opportunity to ask questions, take advantage of it. You can ask questions like "How will the new hospital alliance affect your census?" demonstrates your sharp knowledge and awareness.
9. Follow up
You have to follow up within 24 hours with a formal thank-you letter. If a group was there for your interview then send a copy of thank letter to every person.
Professional Bartending Course
A detailed course designed to create an individual into a well trained bar professional. Recomended . Read More
Restaurants and Thecityguide.in
What do you need for your perfect outing? You will search a restaurant where you can. Read More
Expert Education in India living conditions can lower emissions
Improving education and creating favourable living and working conditions are essential for India&rs. Read More
Kids' Love Of Learning Is Teacher's Reward
Education and experience: Received bachelor''s and master''s degrees in elementary education fro. Read More
Time to select your workplace New Year's resolutions
The New Year means new beginnings - a great time to set both personal and workplace goals. Here are . Read More
Store Manager - National juice chain My client is a leading national juice & smoothie chain with retail concessions throughout the UK & now has a vacancy for a Store Manager for one of thei
3G/WCDMA Single Band Booster 2100Mhz Technical Specification: Frequency Range Uplink：1920－1980 MHz Downlink：2110－2170 MHz Gain (dB)
Hi, We have an excellent opening for you with us, Please find the company and the position detail for your reference. QuinStreet, www.quinstreet.com, Pune COMPANY DESCRIPTION: QuinStreet has
FRIEND FINDER CLUBS - India\'s new premier online community offering real and successful opportunities to meet the partner, new friends you have been waiting for. Find soul mates and personals on
Weiber manufactures a high efficiency & high capacity ceiling mounted dehumidifier build for the heavy loads and harsh environments of indoor swimming pools, it can be built-in the in