Nursing Interview Tips
Nurse recruiters who interview countless nurses suggest specific tips for success that require investing time before, during, and after the interview. The nursing interview tips are as follows:
1. Know the institution
You have to learn all about the institution. You have to find out the patient population, growth plans, and so forth. You can talk to past and present employees and professional recruiters and review annual reports.
You can find out about the person who will interview you like:
1) What kind of interviewing style does he/she use?
2)What are her key concerns?
When you got the idea then you can prepare for it.
2. Evaluate Your Strengths
Write down about your strength as well as weakness. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your work experience, educations, skills, and interests. This is the time for you to stress your strengths. Use specific examples to illustrate your point whenever possible
3. Write or review your resume
Prepare your work history and professional accomplishments. You have to ready to discuss what you have listed. This process will force you to assess what you have learned and remind you of what you have to offer.
4. Practice role-playing
Practice makes man perfect. You can practice with different friends or relatives. Also you can practice by using a video camera or cassette player and playing back the tape.
5. Make a good impression
You have only a few seconds to make a good first impression. And remember that there is no chance for making first impression.
Following are some tips for good impression:
* Don't chew gum or smoke.
* Arrive 5-10 minutes early at the interview.
* Carry a folder or portfolio containing copies of your resume and a neatly typed list of references. Don't forget to give a copy of your resume to your interviewer.
* Be careful about your posture and your handshake.
6. Dress Appropriately
You should look the part you wish to play. You look like as a nurse. Minimize jewelry, make-up and overpowering fragrances.
7. Understand the goal
All interviewers need to determine four things about a job applicant so you have to prepare for the following:
* When interviewers ask about your qualifications that means they have to check for can you do the job?
* In Attitude they check for do you really want the job?
* Adaptability means they check for can you fit into the institution's culture?
* And in Affordability, they check for can you help contain costs, improve quality, or increase customer satisfaction?
8. Answer effectively
At the interview, how you answer a question is often more important than what you say.
* Always keep your answers brief.
* If there is a group for interviewing you, be sure to look at each member, but direct most of your answers to the one asking the specific question.
* When you are given the opportunity to ask questions, take advantage of it. You can ask questions like "How will the new hospital alliance affect your census?" demonstrates your sharp knowledge and awareness.
9. Follow up
You have to follow up within 24 hours with a formal thank-you letter. If a group was there for your interview then send a copy of thank letter to every person.
Step 2 Well: Fitness Club and Gym
Step 2 well fitness club. All types of exercises like dance, Aerobics, Stretching, Floor ex. Read More
Wedding Belles from vogue
Kate and Wills fever has hit us, too. We couldn\'t resist walking the aisle and counting. Read More
GET READY FOR TAKE-OFF YOUR CAREER IN AIRPORTS COMPANY,SOUTH AFRICA
Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) owns and operates South Africa’s nine principal airpo. Read More
Higher education 'reform' has been halted. Now's the time for inspirat
Many Australians are becoming cynical about our democratic institutions. One poll showed only 43% of. Read More
Business with a Smile
What if you could get a perfect set of white teeth in just 15 minutes and that without having to. Read More
The Institute provides opportunities to under- graduate & post-graduate students to choose professional and vocational courses to build their career in teaching profession. Institute is off
Web Infology was formed in 2006 in India as a combines business experience in SEO and Web Development to help companies align their business to meet profit targets. Most companies have less involvemen
PRITHVI129AI Franchisee Required For Ad Posting Job Want to earn 50000 per month by good marketing skill for home based work. Then here is opportunity from a really paying company. For more details vi
Dear Candidate, Iridium Interactive is a multi location company is a premium Full Services Interactive Agency which offers a great work environment and a rewarding opportunity to make a significant i
Weiber biological Air sampler is designed to measure concentration and particle size distribution of biological materials in ambient air. These units have been widely used for enumerating the v