45 Professional Tips To Cut Big Gasoline Bills
1. Before getting into your car, ask yourself "Is this trip necessary?"!
2. On short trips, try walking or bicycling. It's good exercise.
3. Consider car-pooling and share the gas bill and ride.
4. Always use the shortest route and avoid sightseeing trips and bottlenecks.
5. Organize activities and perform as many errands as possible in one trip.
6. If possible, avoid driving during rush-hour & other peak traffic periods.
7. When bargain hunting, check newspaper ads and use your telephone.
8. Do they deliver? Let them pay for the gas! Try mail order firms, too.
9. Make a list and do all the grocery shopping once or twice a week.
10. Let the kids run some of the errands. Let them walk to school, too.
11. Public transportation may be cheaper, especially when traveling alone.
12. Pack as little in your car as necessary so it has less weight to carry.
13. Shop around for service stations with the lowest gasoline prices.
14. Check to see if there are "self service" gas stations in your area.
15. Don't speed. Cars get about 21% more mileage at 55 mph then at 70 mph.
16. Better planning reduces the need for speeding, to get there in time.
17. When starting your car, don't idle it for more than 30 seconds, even in cold weather. Today's cars are designed to be driven almost immediately.
18. If you must stop for more than 30 seconds, don't idle your car. The engine is more fuel efficient if your turn it off and restart it.
19. Drive evenly with a steady foot. Avoid jiggling the accelerator.
20. Keep tires properly inflated at all times. (Check pressure when cold).
21. Use air conditioning only when necessary. Try opening the window.
22. Avoid "jackrabbit" starts. When starting, press accelerator slowly.
23. Avoid panic stops. When possible, coast to stops such as traffic lights.
24. Remove items that cause wind resistance, such as luggage racks.
25. Don't forget to release the emergency brake before pulling away.
26. Never rev engine before killing it. This wastes gas, wears out cylinders.
27. Keep tuned to radio traffic reports & avoid traffic jams, other delays.
28. Make certain your gas cap fits properly.
29. Use the lowest octane gas that won't make your engine knock.
30. Use only your right foot for accelerating and braking. That way you can't accidentally ride the brake and use excessive gas.
31. Shift into high gear as soon as possible. If you have automatic transmission, lift your foot from the accelerator about one second early.
32. Pass other cars as soon as you see you are overtaking them. Don't wait.
33. Keep your car properly tuned for top fuel efficiency.
34. Keep brakes properly adjusted. Dragging brakes increases resistance.
35. Operate as small a car as possible for your driving needs. (Small cars weighing half as much as large cars use about half as much gasoline!)
36. Avoid cars with gas-consuming options such as air conditioning; power equipment such as window, door locks, etc.; automatic transmission, etc.
37. In hot climates, drive a car with light colored exterior and interior, to reflect light, heat. Tinted glass also prevents heat buildup.
38. Use radial tires for less friction between tire and road.
39. When driving, keep your eyes moving and your feet still!
40. Keep your steering wheel still too. The more you weave back and forth, the farther your car has to travel and the more gas is consumed.
41. Don't overfill your gas tank
. It could leak or spill in heat or on a hill.
42. Use snow tires and/or chains as little as necessary because they make your car work harder and use more gasoline.
43. When you see a hill ahead, build up speed before you reach it, then maintain your speed on the slope. (If you must accelerate on the hill, you will use much more fuel). Then coast down the other side.
44. Keep wheels aligned for better mileage - Longer tire life, too.
45. Record all gas purchases for tax deduction purposes.
Highest enrollment in UPs higher education institutes Report
Uttar Pradesh ranks first in terms of number of enrollments in higher educational institutions in th. Read More
Use Social Media to Make Every Employee a Recruiter
Linkedin started the concept of Social Recruiting when they launched in 2003, and now it’s the. Read More
History of Mido watches
alk of vintage watches and one name that springs to the mind immediately is Mido. Mido cont. Read More
Fujian granite products
Fujian granite products export was set to decline 10-15 percent for 2013, as a large number o. Read More
Proposed budget cuts threaten education in one of Illinoiss largest in
SPRINGFIELD New cuts may leave students wanting for education in a field bringing more than dollar 1. Read More
Minimum 1 Year experience with Cognos 8.x and above Strong knowledge in the following Framework Manager Powerplay Transformer Powerplay Cubes Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Stu
k277Shree Sai Fashions is keen to provide customer satisfaction every time. We make the Computerised designs on raw materials of sarees and laces.The professionals appointed by us design the wid
WebInfology.com provide a highly reliable web hosting services to companies as diverse as the range of our services, along with the required infrastructure and technical expertise. Apart from the op
TheCityGuide.in - A comprehensive guide to Major Cities of India including Agra, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi NCR, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram.
Fume hood wet process are specially designed for the use in semi conductor research and manufacturing where tanks, rinsers, heated baths require control modules. These equipments work with a lo